Leading the Way to Better Breathing: Managed Care Organizations and Asthma Home Visiting Services in California – a Tool for MCOs and Partners
Asthma home visiting services are a tried and true method for improving health outcomes, lowering health care utilization costs, improving patient care, and reducing health care disparities. Yet, far too many people with poorly controlled asthma don’t have access to these key interventions.
This easy-to-access document aims to change that.
The purpose of this tool is to support managed care organizations – and organizations working with MCOs – in improving asthma management for MCO members by ensuring the provision of asthma home visiting services.
The document highlights the numerous benefits of asthma home visiting services, from their ability to achieve triple aim goals to supporting quality improvement initiatives to addressing more “upstream” health determinants. The tool also explains an abundant number of opportunities MCOs can take advantage of to make support for asthma home visiting services as easy and as efficient as possible, including some best practice examples from the field.
You can access the full version of the tool or individual sections.
- Introduction [screen | print]
- Benefits – Triple Aim goals [screen | print]
- Benefits – Fulfilling MCO contractual obligations related to case management and disease management services [screen | print]
- Benefits – Achieving NCQA accreditation [screen | print]
- Benefits – Fostering positive perceptions in your community [screen | print]
- Opportunities [screen | print]